Sunday, January 22, 2012

Navigating pregnancy in a fertile world

Going through the experience of trying for this pregnancy and waiting four years plus for it to happen has changed me. It's changed us. Not only did we have to wait that long, but we had to live through the ups and downs of trying everything from IUIs to TCM to IVF and spending thousands and thousands of dollars just to get here. Nobody can know what that is like until you've gone through it. I know many of you out there are in the same place and totally get it.

I understand that pregnancy is different for every women how ever they got there, but there's something about the fertile world making assumptions about how you got there and how you are going to feel about it that irritates me at times. Most of the time I and LOVING being pregnant. Every time I feel the Keiki move or kick it brings joy to my heart and a smile to my face, but when people make comments like, "wow you timed it perfectly" or "your husband must be so excited it's a boy" (like I wouldn't be..)  I feel a pang. Maybe it's the hormones..maybe it's left over bitterness from dealing with IF. Who knows... I try to be present and let it go, but sometimes I just want to wave a big sign that says "I don't fit into your fertile box!!"

OK enough ranting let's do some stats!


Status: 22w4d

Weight Gain: Not sure. Got on the scale yesterday, which said I lost a couple pounds, but can't be possible the way I've been eating. hehe

Symptoms: Heart burn has has come and gone, not too bad definitely trying to rule out what triggers it.  

Cravings: still nada

Aversions: Still certain smells

Exercise: Yoga today other than that...not so good. Gotta get my bootie out to walk! 

Best Moment of the Week: Starting to purge and clear out Keiki's room! 
 
What I Look Forward to: Starting to really put together a plan for decorating. Yay!

Here's the latest belly pic taken this morning. I swear my belly took a leap over the last two days. Have a great week everyone! 


3 comments:

  1. You look amazing!!! Great post! I very much feel the same emotions you're recounting. It's helpful to hear the experiences of other women that have walked the same difficult road to experience the blessing of becoming a parent. Congrats on being 22 - almost 23 weeks! Their movements are truly such an amazing feeling!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bump :) I think after IF and TTC'ing for so long, some comments just don't sit right, a colleague asked if I timed mine for Summer, as thats what her and her friends do... I politely smiled and said "no" while secretly hating people who can plan their babies birth months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...IF definitely never leaves. It's changed all of us forever, to be sure. I love that you have a bunch of other people -- at least in Blogland -- who totally get it. :)

    ReplyDelete