Saturday, February 11, 2012

3T update

Where does the time go? I swear I was just posting about the half way point. All is going well....this week. Last week....not so much. I had a really stressful week at work and to top it off ended up having a minor fall. I'm a speech therapist and I work with a severely handicapped Kindergarten class. One of the students was having a tantrum while we were outside on a play mat. She was close to a fence and I didn't want her to get hurt so I asked her to stand up. She's on the bigger side for her age and in her tantrum decided to push back on to the mat instead of stand up and pulled me down with her. I landed on my left knee and left hand. I really didn't fall far, but it definitely scared me and I felt a tightening sensation in my belly for the rest of the day and evening. I ended up going home and resting that evening, all morning the next day and all day Sunday. There were no symptoms that came up beside the tightening so I think everything is fine. When I saw my OB this week I told her about it and she said as long as I didn't hit the belly things should be OK. I was relieved to feel the Keiki moving around soon after it happened, so although I was a bit freaked out I was comforted by that. 

Needless to say no more "helping" students! I will have to let down my independent side and ask for help. That is one thing I'm having a hard time getting used to is not being able to do everything I used to on my own. I'm a "I can do it myself" kinda girl and asking for help more is something I'm learning to do. Now for the stats:

Status: 25w3d (officially now in the 3T!)

Weight Gain: 18 pounds to date. Only gained 1 pound since my last appointment, but my OB doesn't seem to be concerned. I'm not either. Although my DH is worried I'm not eating enough. It's sweet but I think I'm eating plenty! 

Symptoms: Heart burn has come back with a vengeance! It's disrupting my sleep almost nightly now. Trying to eat smaller meals throughout the day, not eat too late and sleep sitting up.  

Cravings: Had the craving for pancakes with peanut butter last weekend. My DH was so sweet and ran out to get me some. He would have cooked some up but we were out of eggs. :) They were delish!

Aversions: nothing lately

Exercise: Not much lately. After the fall I've been really taking it easy. Some days I have that tightening feeling and just have the urge to rest so I'm listening to my body and the Keiki. 

Best Moment of the Week: Hearing the heart beat again and the constant movement. Makes me smile every time!
 
What I Look Forward to: My upcoming baby shower in three weeks. It will be so fun to see friends and family! 

Here's the latest belly pic last week. I think he's been growing again over the last few days though. 

2 comments:

  1. You look great, what a cute little bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man...how friggin' scary that must have been! I'm so glad you and little Keiki are just fine. :) And dah-ling you look mah-velous! Mmm..now I want pancakes and peanut butter. Where's my excuse? LOL!

    ReplyDelete